This recipe is gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS
- 1 cup unsweetened dried apple rings
- ¼ cup (20g) of Go Good Unflavoured Whey Protein Powder
- ½ packed cup dates (soaked in hot water for ~10 min if not already soft)
- ¼ cup unsalted almond butter (use a natural, drippy kind for best results)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-3 teaspoons water
- Blend the dates in a high-powered food processor or blender until they break down. Add the dried apple, and blend/pulse until they’ve mostly broken down into little bits (some variation in size is ok). You should have a sticky dough.
- Next, either add the remaining ingredients and pulse to combine, or fold everything together in a bowl (the latter might be easier if you’re using a blender). The mixture should stick together and be soft enough to shape into balls. Add more water (or almond butter) by the teaspoon if it’s too dry/scraggly.
- Taste and add more cinnamon (or a dash of ground nutmeg) if you’d like, before shaping into balls. Store in the fridge (where they’ll firm up a little more) for up to ~1 week.