This recipe is refined sugar-free and can be made gluten-free.
INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS
- 1 cup rolled oats (ensure gf as needed)
- 1 ½ servings (45 g) of Go Good Whey Protein Powder + Organic Banana
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup raisins/sultanas (or chopped dates)
- 3 very ripe bananas (~¾ cup mashed)
- ⅓ cup salted natural peanut butter (if using unsalted simply add an extra pinch of salt)
- ¼ cup water or milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mash the banana until no large chunks remain. Whisk in (using a fork is fine) the peanut butter, water/milk, egg, and vanilla. Pour the wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Line a square tin with parchment paper. Pour in the batter, using a spatula to smooth it down into a mostly even layer. Top with more chopped walnuts and/or raisins if you’d like. Bake for 17 to 21 minutes, until slightly firm to the touch and the edges have browned. Allow to fully cool before slicing. Will keep in the fridge for up to about 1 week.