Growing up with the most beautiful New Zealand summers (and 100% considering myself a Summer baby), I am feeling some serious withdrawals from the kiwi sun at the moment. Nothing quite says summer like a big smoothie bowl full of summer fruits and topped with all sorts of goodies.
Smoothie bowls are super versatile and are so easy to tweak depending on what you have in your pantry! As long as you have a good base of fruit + protein + liquid, you can create so many different delicious flavor combo’s.
I started my morning with this bowl of deliciousness - packed full of potassium, vitamin B and protein from the Go Good Banana Whey Concentrate, this bowl is guaranteed to get you through the day.
INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS
- 1 banana
- 1 peach (or ½ cup tinned peaches)
- 1 scoop of Go Good Organic Banana WPC
- ½ cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk (or water)
- Handful of ice
- Frozen berries
- Pumpkin seeds
- Simply chuck your fruit, protein, ice and liquid into the blender and blitz for 2-3 minutes until creamy. The longer you blend, the fluffier it will getDrink immediately or pour into a glass jar for later.
- Done! Pop into a bowl and top with any sorts of goodies you like.
Note: If you are using frozen fruit, you may need to add a little more liquid depending on your desired consistency.
My favourite little trick is to ALWAYS keep some fruit frozen in chunks in your freezer. I chucked my banana and peaches in an hour before, and it makes for the thickest, creamiest smoothie EVER. You will be amazed the difference it makes!