The festive season may just be my favourite time of the year – the busiest time of year filled with friends, family, drinks and food. So. Much. Food.
I am all about balance, and will be indulging in many a Christmas treat this year – however have a few super easy and clean swaps you can make. This clean gingerbread recipe is one of my new favourite treats (and one I will be making all year round). With a slight chocolate hint from the Go Good Chocolate Whey Protein and a nutty aftertaste from the almonds, in my opinion – this may well beat regular gingerbread.
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy and safe New Years. With love from my family to yours…
INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 scoop of Go Good Organic Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg (whisked)
- 3 Tbsp oil of your choice (coconut, rice bran)
- 3-4 dried dates
- 1 Tbsp brown rice or maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Blitz your almonds and oats together in a food processor to create a fine flour.
- Add in your ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, Go Good Chocolate Whey Protein and baking powder and give a quick pulse to combine.
- Pop in your dates and blend to create breadcrumb like consistency.
- Add oil and brown rice syrup. Then slowly add whisked egg till the mixture forms a dough (you may not need the entire egg).
- Tip dough onto floured baking paper and roll out to ½ to a 1cm thick (personal preference!). Note – this is quite a sticky dough, so if you find it getting a bit warm, pop it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes. Add some flour to your hands as well!
- Cut your shapes and place on tray – bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
PRO TIP: if you don’t have a rolling pin… wrap your GoGood shaker in a piece of baking paper and use to roll the dough – PERFECT MAKESHIFT!