Everybody loves chocolate. And when it comes to chocolate, there aren't many classic desserts that rate better than a silky smooth mousse.
Now imagine a dairy-free chocolate mousse, without sugar but still with an amazing taste. Close your eyes for 3 seconds, and open them again... No, you're not dreaming. Our new vegan chocolate protein mousse makes your wish come true.
It's perfect to have on its own, or as a dollop on muesli, or with coconut yoghurt and fresh fruit, or even with some shavings of dark chocolate as an evening clean treat.
INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS
To make the base
- 1 cup of Hazelnuts
- 1 TBsp of Go Good Chocolate Pea Protein Powder
- ½ Cup of Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Cup of Dates (soaked in hot water)
- 1 TBsp Cacao Powder
- 1 Tsp of Salt
- Start by blending the hazelnuts and coconut in a food processor or blender until they are combined but not too fine.
- Next, add the protein, cacao and salt and pulse to combine.
- add the drained dates and blend until it is one big mixture that you can squish together and will hold its shape.
- Separate ⅓ of the mixture and put it in an airtight container in the fridge to use later.
- Line a tin with baking paper and put the remaining ⅔ of the mixture into the bottom and smooth the edges with a knife.
- Place this in the fridge.
To make the filling
- 2 ½ Cup Cashews (soaked in hot water)
- 4 TBsp of Go Good Chocolate Pea Protein Powder
- 1 Cup Hazelnuts
- 3 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup or Malt Syrup
- ⅓ Cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- ¾ Cup Hot Water
- Blend the drained cashews into a paste then add the hazelnuts and continue to blend until the hazelnuts are pea sized.
- Add the protein, cacao, maple and coconut oil. Blend until it is a cohesive mixture.
- Then slowly add the hot water, blending in between adding it. This will leave you with a smooth, thick cashew filling. Make sure you taste it and add salt if needed.
- Pour the mixture over the base and grab the extra ⅓ from the fridge.
- Crumble the base mixture over the top of your cashew filling and you can even sprinkle some chopped hazelnuts on top too. Put the finished product in the fridge to set.
- Once it’s set you can take it out, cut it into your desired size and enjoy your healthy treat.