The culinary geniuses behind Panaceas Pantry have tasted our organic vanilla pea protein powder and loved it. So, they created a fantastic vegan brownie recipe with it. So decadent and morish but still healthy. Yes, we definitely recommend it as a Christmas treat for your friends, and yourself!
INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS
To make the brownie
- ¾ cup (90g) plain flour
- 1 cup (80g) scoop of Go Good Vanilla Pea Protein Powder
- ½ cup (50g) cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp (20mL) chickpea flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup of soft dates, pitted
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line an 8 inch sure tine with baking paper.
- Sift dry ingredients (the top 6 ingredients listed) into a large mixing bowl, combine well and set aside.
- Add wet ingredients (dates, sugar, oil and milk) to a blender and blitz until smooth (you can use a stick blender for this, if you prefer). Pour mix into the dry ingredients bowl and mix to combine. Stir through pecans then transfer mix to the lined baking tray. Use damp hands to smooth out the top.
- Bake for approx 25 mins, or until cooked. Allow brownie to cool for 10 mins before turning onto a wire rack.
- Optional (but recommended); top with a dollop of coconut yoghurt and candied pecans (recipe below).
To make the candied maple pecans
- Add all ingredients (except pecans) to a saucepan and cook for 3 mins on a low flame. Add pecans, and cook a further 3 mins, stirring throughout.
- Turn mix onto a lined baking tray, and bake for 6-8 mins at 180 degrees C. Be very careful to avoid burning! Allow to completely cool before handling.